hold on to yer hankies! can you all believe that fall clothes are already showing up in stores? i know, i know, i shouldn't really be all that surprised, after all, that's how fashion merchandising works. kind of like when the christmas lights hit the shelves before you've even passed out the halloween candy. but it's so hellishly hot down south these days that the thought of slipping into anything wooly sends me straight to a swimming pool. lawd have mercy.
while i can get on board with some cute summer clothes, for the most part, when the temps rise, i am most comfy in havaianas flops (the best), a layered tank and a cute skirt. and a killer handbag of course (its all about accessories for me). but more than clothes, ('cause truth be told i am a fall clothes gal) the things i love most about summer are the things that are effortless and easy. soon enough, we'll all be hunkered down with the colder weather and the picnics will have to wait until spring. hope you enjoy a small sampling of some of my favorite summer treats!
1. adorable huffy deluxe beach cruiser, walmart.com
2. sonic cherry limeade (is there anything better on a hot day?)
3. oilcloth flags, available from modern june. love her stuff!
4. lightweight ombre scarf, perfect for easy summer nights
5. caprese salad. i could eat this every day. really.